Pages

Pretty wings

Monday, November 19, 2012

I wasted 10 minutes hair-drying my head this morning. That 10 minutes could've gone to boiling water and making coffee, or putting basic makeup stuff, or sleeping a lil longer. Instead, there I was, standing with a dryer in one hand thinking 'ok this is already the highest temp, how come the hair is still wet? It's bad enough that I had to waste 5 minutes in the shower for conditioning... Wait, the heat will make my hair coarse so I need to put some serum on it! Why is this taking so long?!'

You see, girly I can do - eyeliner and blusher, once in a while I even do a workdress with leggings and ballerina flats. But its the GIRLY girly that gets to me. It's the endless processes to look awesomely prim and chic and sleekly feminine.

It's little things like having to go through shampoo-conditioner-hair dryer-serum regime every other day for a nice head of hair. Or choosing tops with the right length to go with the right pair of pants so I do not look like a stumped hobbit wannabe or a slouchy sloth. It would be a lot easier if I have a wardrobe the size of Mariah Carey's, so there will be enough long tops to go with an assortment of tapered pants, and a variety of high waisted boot cut slacks to compliment cute chic short jackets.

I have a thing for jackets, especially the kind with military-like detailings -- brass buttons, mandarin collars and square lapels, you get the pic. It's a lil tricky to pull off this look if you're not girly girly, or in my case, already a lil rugged styled. So small details that might be superfluous to the male population, like layered  bangles or jewel studs instead of bead ones, or a long cute necklace makes all the difference. 

The other day I was walking around thinking how can these ladies keep their jackets perfectly uncrumpled and stiffly in shape. Mine is always a lil creased on the shoulders and on the sides... and then it occurred to me: they never carry their bags on the shoulders! Of course mine would crease and gets a lil furry, the bag handles crunch into the shoulder, and the bag is abrasive against the jacket. The right way to preserve the look is by holding the bag on the forearm, but let's get real, I ain't carrying a 3kg bag on my wrist. And so the fashion dilemma continues...

This girly girly thing will take some getting used to. Yep. 30 and still learning. I have a feeling it will never stop. Welcome to the pre-vain world of 'presentable'. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments: