Pages

Inspiration board: Kufi

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

I've been thinking of painting Kufi on my wall for quite some time now. Assalamualaikum at the entrance of the house, or perhaps a jawi translation of one surah in my prayer / guest room. But I am no artist so I will continue to contemplate lah hehehe.

I know it would be easier to just purchase a custom made Kufi from our local artists, there are awesome Kufi writers here in KL. But having it written or painted on the walls would be more... how shall I say this... original.  And besides, I already have some whimsical paintings on my walls (mainly above the switches) so I'd like to keep that momentum going.

Here are some awesome Kufi writings I found on the net. Can't remember where I lift them off from, so if these are your art, please leave your link at the comment section and I'll gladly credit you for your artwork :)





No comments: