Pages

old time stories

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last night I dreamt that I went to the cinema feeling awesomely rad in a pair of bootcut dusty blue jeans and a pair of white hi-cut sneakers with the logo of a lightning bolt embossed on the sides. I can't recall any real shoe brands with that logo, but I remember feeling glee wearing them that I woke up with a smile on my face.


Just realized that it's been a long time since I wore sneakers. For the past one year or so, it has been heels to work and flats or Mary Janes for casual wear. And workout shoes. That's it. My pair of sneakers at home are torn in a few places and the soles are worn off but I never got to replacing them with a new pair.


I miss dressing up in baggy jeans, devil may care tees and a pair of dirty sneakers, hehe. The good ol days. I think my PR mananger would probably get a mild cardiac arrest if I dress up like so to work hehe. She's taken it upon herself to make sure that I dress appropriately -- like how someone who works with a beauty company dresses. She's been spot checking me, especially my shoes. The other day, I was on my way to the surau in my flats (nak gi surau, malas nak catwalk) and she poked her head out from her room and went "Elle, where are your heels? Tak mau la pakai flatsssss"


See, the challenges of reinventing yourself. Dah all dolled up, tak boleh nak selekeh-selekeh dah. Benchmarks could be motivational, but when you're benchmark against yourself, lemme tell you, it ain't easy dude. I wonder how athletes could push themselves to achieve and achieve more, be a champ and sustain. I'm struggling to sustain my healthy lifestyle habit. It's so hard to do, especially when the environment you're in beckons you to slip back into the old habits. Not being able to workout after office hours is sapping my energy off too. Cabaran...



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments: