Pages

Finally, my lily!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I was walking through the concourse at KLCC rather fast last week, avoiding the throngs of people whilst listening to the pumping beat of Kanye West's Monster when an androgynous (but obviously male to me) person in black stopped me.

"Hi, want to try our latest perfume?" he/she / shim said, extending a sheet of white card to me.

Usually I would politely say no, thank you with a smile and walk away, but this time something stopped me in my tracks. Not the shim, but instead, a very soft yet prominent scent of Lily wafting to my nostrils. I looked around to see what product it was that Shim was promoting and saw the delicate Cartier logo stamped tastefully on the mobile unit walls. Eh, Cartier sells perfume?

"This is our latest perfume, try lah," Shim said, approaching me to spray some of the concentrated version on my wrist.

Since I was in a rush, I declined (okay, actually I hate it when promoters simply spray perfume on you without asking if you prefer a particular scent. Imagine having to live with gagging scents for a few hours... urrgghhh). I did however, took the card, thanked Shim and continued walking.




How nice, I thought, looking at the card. It was a cutout of a lily flower, so detailed down to its die-cut pistils.


I inhaled.

And stopped. Could it be?

I inhaled again. And then some more. No way!

This is like, the perfect Lily scent; the smell of a fresh Lily that I so love, perfectly replicated into a fragrance! Holy scraps, they have perfected the formula! Yay! I am in heaven!



I made a u-turn to the concourse in search of Shim. There he/she was, happy to see me and immediately launched into a promotional drill about the wonderful new fragrance that has been the rave of Hollywood. (later research showed that we got this about 8 months late, it was showcased in the US mid last year).


One thing that irked me was that these promoters, unfortunately, are not equipt with a comprehensive knowledge of the perfume / perfumes in general.

I asked what are the base notes of the perfume, Shim gave me a blur look and said "Lily." I tried explaining, what smell does it unearth after wearing the perfume for about 20 minutes, again "Bau Lily lah."



Aiiyaaaaa I tau la bau Lily but that is the top and middle note. Base note yang penting pasal that's the one that will linger with you the whole day long. Top notes takat 10-20 minutes je. Silap dia lah, he/she was talking to someone who worked within the industry :P


(My research aka google tells me that the top note captures the fresh green zest of lily leaves, middle note exudes the floral touch of the petals and its base note is the warm and powedery essense of the pistils)






Shim didn't have to convince me for long that the perfume is top notch, as even my rhinitis-laden nose could detect the smell of luxury the scent exudes. You know, alah, how the smell of cheap perfume is often a little 'tajam', masstige perfume would be a little warm yet a lil prickly at times, and then there's prestige brands that simply wraps you in a warm ember of femininity or freshness or whatever it is that the perfume is supposed to vibe off? For example, compare Avon's Wish Of Happiness perfume with Clinique's Happy and with Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess. All citrus-y scents, yet distinctively categorized. And the Baiser Vole is definately among the best top luxury scents I've ever smelled.




Now, as much as I would love to own the perfume-

I cannot fanthom paying RM469 for a 100ml bottle!!


Yes, if I'm not mistaken, that is the price. Or maybe at the mention of 'Empat ratus' je I dah blank out everything except thinking "Hot damn nigga cemana nak beli kalau mahal sangat??!!!"


Thus, I left the concourse after promising Shim that if I decide to buy the perfume, I will seek him out (for obvious commission reasons).



Sigh.

Balik rumah pun teringat-ingat ok!


I now have the cutout card in my gym bag, enjoying the whiff everytime I open the bag for my clothes. However, it is diminishing in time and I am telling my heart to be strong, be calm and slowly forget (hahahaha macam putus cinta ke hape je kan?)



But of course, it's easier said than done.



Will I ever own a bottle? Will I succumb to my burning desire and sacrifice almost half a thousand for a small bottle of Cartier's Baiser Vole? Jeng jeng jeng... I'll keep you updated! Hihihihi

One thing's for sure, Cartier's has indeed stolen a kiss from me, and I am forever dented...


(heh, drama!)


p/s: Baiser Vole means stolen kiss. See what I did there? Pure genius, eh? :P :p

3 comments:

My name starts with M said...

WEIIIIII!!! WEIIIIII!!!!
entry sama! masalah kita serupa!! hahahha

omg perfume ni mmg mengmandrem abis kan?!
i spent the whole day doing research on this perfume.. hahaha what an impact! aku dpt gak kad tester tu masa kat klcc, and bau dia melekat kot!!

kalo beli jgn lupa update! or kalau tau kat mane ada sale sila update juga :D

azyze said...

hahhahaa i just read your blog, sama!
sedap sangat kan bau dia. i'm not a floral person tapi mmg have a soft spot for lilies.

ok bebeh, kalau beli akan ku beritahu :)

Penjiwa Jalanan said...

sedap baunya

dan 'empat ratus je' tu berbaloi sebenarnya