Pages

I'm...wasting my timeeee....

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
oh my... the only thing that I can think of is singing (screaming, actually) along to Celine Dion's It's All Coming Back To Me Now with Unee in her Kelisa. You should try it. Best done while driving on the highway.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Oh crap. I hate resolutions coz I never keep them. Last year I decided to keep a daily journal, and that didn't happen. I was suppose to take care of my health too. I'm doing that next year. (Pemalas betul)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousins did. I'm now Aunty Yana. Rasa tua sangat.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Proximity-wise, yes. Tok next door died two days ago.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. I didn't even get my Cuti-Cuti Malaysia holiday.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Love...?

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
18th January 2006 - the day Hannibal connected me to someone equally intriguing.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think it's maintaining my sanity at home. Haha. I finally get to buy the tonnes of books and CDs that I have always wanted.

9. What was your biggest failure?
The age old problem - losing weight. Vain vain

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My knee is getting worse. I hope it's nothing serious.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My current phone. I'm not a gadget-enthusiast, I think spending hundreds on electronics is a big waste. So buying that phone was like, a real sacrifice. And I guess it was worth it.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Unee's. It might not be that substantial to me (coz we've lived together and I'm used to her) but to others, I'm sure it's wayyyy more appealing. So way to go Uns!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sometimes...my mom. Oh god now I feel really bad. I take that back.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bingeing on books and CDs. I'll soon go broke. But I can't stop. It's like an addiction!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The poetry performances, rediscovering jazz. Oh, and my music-movies chat sessions with Firhan.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
7 Days To Change Your Life - Jamie Cullum

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) nearly the same. b) fatter c)richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Play my guitar. It's sitting in the corner, collecting dust. I should go get it tuned soon.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I should've eaten less. But merry hearts eat a lot, y'know.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I don't celebrate it, but I had a ball with the remote control ;)

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Oh... I think I did.

22. How many one-night stands?
Zero.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Project Runway, American Next Top Model, American Idol, CSI & The Simpsons.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I don't think so.

25. What was the best book you read?
Hannibal. Probably because of the ending. Not the best I've ever read, but it's definitely one of my highlights.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Corinne Bailey Rae, John Legend, Elliot Yamin & The Big Jazz Band.

27. What did you want and get?
Stacey Kent's The Boy Next Door CD! Wohoo!

28. What did you want and not get?
My driving license. Now I don't want it anymore... at all.

29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Oh this one is hard. Er.. The Prestige.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was singing Sheila Majid's Ku Mohon when the KTV screen went blank at 12.00am. Then the cake came in. everybody singing Happy Birthday. Blow out candles. Had cake. Continue singing. Went home. Slept till late. Watch TV. Yeah, the highlight was that semi-surprise cake thing.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having someone to drag to weddings, reunions etc. Haha

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Whatever... (you gotta keep em guessing hehe). Sometimes I go all feminine, sometimes it's just jeans and tees. On certain days I just go with whatever I can grope after having my shower. I have cute skirts, though.

33. What kept you sane?
Hope, faith and music.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I had a major infactuation with Jay McCarroll of Project Runway. How weird was that?

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
A lot of stuff, but I try not to bother.

36. Who did you miss?
MFRI. I've been missing him for 2 years, though. I miss the 8-hour phone chat marathon.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Nobody best enough to be best. Would interesting do? Jerome Kugan.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Be sincere in everything you do. I realized that when I'm really sincere, I feel happier. It makes the experience a whole lot more enjoyable.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Maybe sometimes, we got it wrong, but it's alright
And nothing seems to change, and it all will stay the same.
Oh, don't you hesitate."

40. What will 2007 be like?
Grreeaattttttttttttt!

No comments: