Ape la bodoh sangat. I’m so embarrassed that the girl the guys are after is a PR student. Regardless of her PJJ status, I still think that the show is a totally bangang portrayal of our society. And how pathetic are the guys? Why did they enlist themselves in this kind of degrading show? They are all career guys, and although none of them have washboard stomachs or model looks, they are not bad looking. They can speak, some can even sing, and they have their own charm. I’m sure they can get girlfriends if they want to. Perhaps they were duped into believing that the show was going to be exactly like FLOM, ka-ching and all. Tapi? Heh, tak hingin!
Malaysian Idol is proving to be a real bore.
- I don’t think anybody that’s really2 outstanding were picked this year. And I mean vocally. Trish was good, Atilia was good, Azam was good, and some that only made it to the workshops could really shine if given the chance, but they were voted out. Xerra? It was because she had short cute red hair. Nita can sing, but she’s a typical lounge singer. Ash boleh tahan la, but he has a long way to go. Daniel – let’s not even go there. Yang boleh harap pun Faizul, Adam and Farah la. Faizull’s in there coz he brings the Malay rock-kapak flavour, Farah because she used to do the Salem thing, and as for Adam, he represents all the mat lembuts out there. If I were to follow the show, I’d want these three to go to the finals. Sape menang? I want Faizull to. Since those left are all average mats and minahs, why not Faizull? At least he will not end up as another r&b/hiphop wannabe in the scene. Kembalikan kegemilangan rock kapak. I can already see duets between Faizull and our local rock group legends.
- Roslan really wants to take over Paul’s job. He was not as sarcastic and irritating then as he is now. Maybe back then he was afraid to lash out and be booed at. Or maybe he really thinks that being the show’s biatch is what he is destined to do. Kak Gee seems to have lost her musical abilities, so I guess she’s the perfect Paula. Paul? Oh, the man is just being himself. (No, I don’t have a crush on Paul.)
- The only thing that I like about MI is the wonderful ads. But then again, all 8tv ads are cool. So no points for MI there. I know some people who works for MI, and I know they work really hard for the show to be a success, but MI2 just can’t compete with AF. MI1 came in with a bang, and everybody expected the second season to repeat its success. Tapi MI2 tenggelam dengan tsuMawi…
- I guess Jac set the bar too high. Period.
Fear Factor Malaysia
- I saw the preliminary round episode on NTV7 during the weekend, and I must say that putting you hands in a box with grasshoppers in it is not gross. 'It’s the preliminary round, belum yang real lagi!' You say. Then don’t waste our time watching silly girls squirm and scream at some bugs. I prefer a world free of creepy crawlies too, but if you can’t even stand some hoppers, what makes you think you could eat rotten fish? Or immerse yourself in a tank full of stinkin’ cockroaches?
- Syed, I know you were my junior, and you were once with my classmate, but please please stop speaking in English if all you’re going to do is jumble up words! I’m far from perfect, and sometimes I think that I should also shut up, but I don’t go on national TV trying to sound intelligent. I mean, “We have judge to judge you.” “How was that feels?” Ayo… We all know that the reason you’re paired with an English speaking compare is because they want her to do all the English talking, and for you to do the Bahasa part. You’re cute, you’re funny, and you are intelligent, but none of those qualities comes out in the show. Stick to Bahasa, and girls will start to swoon.
The only Malaysian reality show that I watch now is Explorace. This one deserves a standing ovation! Seriously, if you westerners think that the Amazing Race is challenging, you should watch our version. I swear to you, I’d be dead if I were to try all those crazy challenges. If I’m not mistaken, they are now opening entries for the third season. I can’t wait for the show to air! Mungkin pasal aku semput, so thrills macam tu cuma boleh dapat dalam TV aje la, kot.
For those interested, the timeline is 13th September 2005. Masuk la, untung2 boleh menang. I think Ieja and Mai would make a good team. Or maybe Azyim and Kak Ha. Oii, bestnye kalau diorang masuk…
As for foreign reality shows, I only watch Rockstar:INXS. Why? That show is da bomb! Abundant talent, it’s a shame they have to eliminate a person every week. I love JD and MiG, and I hope one of them wins. They are just the right guys for INXS. The others are equally talented, especially Ty, Brandon, Deanna, Suzie and Marty. The ladies looks and sounds gorgeous, and the guys are so mesmerizing that I’ve never missed a single episode.
Bilalah Malaysia nak ada orang-orang berbakat macam ni...